Presbytery, Church, and Racial Ethnic Caucus Delegation Registrars
- Serve as THE point person for your presbytery, church or caucus regarding Triennium registration and promotion.
- Complete the Registrar Contact Form and fax or email to your denomination’s national youth ministry office (see address below).
- Establish a Go Team to assist you with the selection process, planning and communication. (see more info below)
- Forward or send Triennium Information, as it comes to you, to every church in your presbytery. Make sure that every church has registration information and the opportunity to send youth to the 2013 Presbyterian Youth Triennium.
- Using the 2013 Presbyterian Youth Triennium artwork (located on the Facebook group and the website) create simple promotional pieces (e-cards, postcards, flyers, etc.) and send them to every church and youth leader in your presbytery.
- Coordinate the selection of your Triennium delegation (youth and adult advisers).
- Coordinate the background check process (mandatory for all adults who attend the 2013 Triennium) of all appointed adult advisers accompanying your delegation.
- Maintain paper and/or electronic records of the completed background checks for each of your adult advisers.
- Host at least one Pre-Triennium Gathering for your delegation with the purpose of sharing information, building community and developing a community life covenant.
- Visit the Triennium website frequently for updates and time sensitive materials.
- Communicate with the National Registrar as needed.
- Coordinate travel to and from the Triennium for your delegation.
- Complete the Group Estimate form and send to the national registrar by January 11, 2013.
- Complete all registration by the deadline of May 31, 2013, 5pm EST. This includes completing the online registration for your delegation, all registration fees paid, all updates made.
- Coordinate the hosting of a Triennium Global Partner to attend the Triennium with your delegation.
- It is not assumed that the presbytery registrar will attend the event.
- It is CRITICAL for registrars to be comfortable using electronic mediums (computer, email, internet, websites) and available via phone.
- Registration will be completed online through the Purdue University Conference Division portal. Participant information and payment for your group will also be done through the Purdue system.
- Registration will open January 31, 2013 and will close May 31, 2013.
- Registration will be “first come – first registered” – space is limited for the event.
- There are no presbytery quotas for the 2013 Triennium. But you will need to give an accurate estimate of your group size when you send in the Group Estimate form on January 11, 2013.
- Registrations will be prioritized by the date in which they were entered into the system.
- How presbytery delegates are called or appointed is determined by your presbytery or caucus.
*This is an overview of the registrar responsibilities.
Registration Instructions and Guidelines will be made available to the registrar once she/he is appointed and completes the contact information form. Registrars will be added to our registrar database and to our Mail Chimp E-mail distribution list. You will receive an email inviting you to subscribe to this list. Please ACCEPT the invitation.
Triennium “Go Team”
*If you prefer – recruit a small team of organized volunteers to serve as the Triennium “Go Team” for your group. Suggestions for role assignment:
Registrar: Point person with national office. Manages the travel arrangements, financial arrangements, recruits adult advisors, manages adult advisor background checks.
Communicator: Sends out information to all churches in your presbytery. Manages all mailings, e-blasts, information dissemination.
Organizer: Receives all forms, maintains a database, works in tandem with communicator.
Community: Plans and hosts any Pre Event gatherings, orientation, Facebook group.
Global Partner Coordinator: Works with the registrar to manage the Global Partner (if your presbytery/caucus sponsors a Global Partner) travel and housing arrangements. Works with the national Global Partner coordinatorAdult Advisors: Adults, 21 and over, who accompany the youth participants to the Triennium.
For Presbyterian Church (U.S.A) registrars/registration materials: [email protected]
Phone: Michael Harper 1-888-728-7228 ext. 5049
For Cumberland Presbyterian and CPCA registrars/registration materials: [email protected]
Phone: Susan Groce: 1-901-276-4572 ext.218
Registrar Hint: Don’t panic! We are here to guide you through the process! For now, begin talking with your presbytery or church about a Triennium delegation. Determine IF you will send one, how you will fund it, and how you will promote/invite participants. Use the promotional resource on this website to create postcards, posters, letters, etc.