PYT Participant Packing List
Download the Participant Packing List
- Re-fillable water bottle (Water bottles are NOT allowed in Purdue dining rooms)
- Your Bible (put your name and address inside)
- 1-3 pairs of comfortable, casual walking shoes
- Clothing that will keep you cool and covered
- A lightweight jacket or rain jacket
- Your personal prescriptions / medicines in their original bottles/containers
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, deodorant, razor, face soap, lip balm, etc.)
- A robe or cover up (for going to and from the bathroom)
- Shower shoes
- A fan
- Pillow (for bus riders or car riders)
- A journal, notebook or spiral notepad
- Pens and pencils
- $$ for the PYT Offering and the Triennium Legacy Fund!
- $$ for snacks and drinks during Delegation Group or free time
- $$ for emergency purchases (prescriptions if you should become ill, souvenirs, etc.)
- Your medical insurance card and/or Insurance ID # and name of your insurance company!
- Your prescription coverage card and/or prescription coverage information!
- Your cell phone
Program your adult advisors into your phone
Program your roommate into your phone
- An instrument if you can tote it (guitar, harmonica, bagpipe, etc.)
- A copy of your signed Parental / Medical Release Form
- Your driver’s license and/or student photo ID
- A picture ID (for the airport if you are flying)
- Passport if you are a Global Partner and Your Letter of Invitation!
Okay – “let’s get real” list (Items that seem to always be needed but that we don’t particularly like to think about):
- Band aids (Bandages)
- Blister block (There is a variety of blister block / protection product out there. Roll on stick, Band aid like, Mole skin, etc. YOU WILL WALK SO SO MUCH. Do your feet a favor – buy some in advance and toss into your luggage!).
- Anti chafing product (Yup. IT. HAPPENS. Remember that bit from above about lots and lots of walking? When skin rubs skin all day, many times a day, it can be painful and … painful). It can also be very embarrassing to have to ask for treatment. Do yourself a favor-think like a long distance runner and prevent chafing. There are several products out there our First Aid staff recommends: Gold Bond powder, Cornstarch based powder, Anti Chafing Gel (this is the best product we’ve heard). Here is a link to a great product: http://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Soothing-Chafing-Powder-Gel-1-5-Ounce/dp/B0012ZNSWE
- Feminine protection. There are stores nearby but wouldn’t it be so much better if you were just prepared? We’re just sayin’. Sisters – be strong. Be prepared.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss. Don’t forget the teeth in the midst of so many other priorities!
- Sunburn relief gel (in case you forget to pack SUNSCREEN)
- Beach towel (You do receive a towel from Purdue – but it is nice to have a towel of your own)
DO NOT PACK OR BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Hoverboards (Not allowed and will be confiscated)
- Strong smelling body spray or perfume (Have a heart!)
- Illegal substances (PYT and Purdue are NO TOLERANCE)
- Drones (Yes. We’re serious. Not allowed)
- E-Cigs/Vaping equipment (not allowed in the residence halls)
The Triennium staff are not allowed to purchase personal care products (toiletries) or prescriptions. Should you need to have these types of items during PYT you or your adult advisors must purchase them. Plan Ahead! There are drugstores and pharmacies nearby.