*PLEASE NOTE: Cumberland churches seeking “When Did We See You?” grants should contact Nathan Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of these grants is to support youth events that are planned around the Matthew 25 theme of “When Did We See You?” These grants may also be used for intergenerational events, as long as there are a good % of youth attendees. Using the Matthew 25 theme of “When Did We See You?” is a grant requirement and preference will be given to applicants who will use the new PYT Connect resources as part of their event programming. This Matthew 25 theme is important, and we are excited to offer support both through curriculum that can be used in a variety of settings & different ways, as well as via grant support that can help in planning good quality events.
Supported through the Pentecost Offering, this fund supports youth ministries of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Youth Ministries unites young people in Christ with all other generations and proclaims the love of God without end. Eligible applicants are representatives of a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Presbytery, worshiping community, caucus or a Presbyterian-related camp or conference center. The use of the funding is restricted to projects that support youth and young adults.
For 2022 grants, all applications are due by November 11, 2022. After review by staff to determine if the proposal is complete and the organization is eligible for consideration, the proposals are considered by a selection committee.
After the selection committee makes its decisions, Financial Aid for Service will contact the grantee. If the proposal was selected, we will prepare a Grant Agreement based on the particulars of the grant proposal and send the agreement to the parties involved in the project for signature. Grants are disbursed to the sponsoring incorporated entity – typically a Presbytery, worshiping community, caucus or camp and conference center.
When Did We See You? Event Grants are $1000 each. Funding is limited; grants are not renewable.
For the application, be prepared to:
- Identify a project leader, or primary contact.
- Describe the project in one or two sentences.
- Provide a start and end date for the project.
Deadline: Applications must be received by November 11, 2022.
Complete applications are considered by a selection committee in the deadline month with award announcements made at the end of the month.
The application will ask you to answer the following:
- Describe the event that you are planning, including how you are incorporating the theme
- Answer how you are encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion at your event
- Explain how these funds will be used for your event and how they will benefit your attendees.
- Grants are $1000 each and are only for events using the “When Did We See you?” theme
- Preference will be given to applicants who are using the new PYT Connect resources.
- Preference will be given to those who prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or use funds for scholarships for attendees in need.
- As part of the grant reporting requirements, you will be required to upload a post-event report, including photos to the Triennium website.
Evaluation and Selection of Awards
2022 “When Did We See You?” event support grant applications are due by November 11, 2022 and then are evaluated by staff for eligibility and read by a selection team. Our goal is to bring the proposals to an online selection committee for evaluation, and complete notifications regarding the outcome of the selection process by the end of the same month.
After awardees are selected, Financial Aid for Service drafts a grant agreement encompassing the proposal, reporting requirements, and a disbursement schedule. After the representative of the Presbyterian Mission Agency and Presbytery, worshiping community or camp and conference center signs the grant agreement, the grant payment occurs within 10 days